WiFi Show: Quick guide
Kramer VIA offers wireless presentation and teamwork tools for teaching rooms, meeting rooms and group rooms. Kramer VIA enables participants to present wirelessly on any laptop or mobile device, share files, display full HD video, and documents on the main screen. The system supports up to four simultaneous shows. With VIA's whiteboard, participants can annotate and draw ideas on the presentation from their own device.
The Kramer VIA system is used with the VIA application that is distributed to Aalto Windows and Mac laptops. The application can also be installed on iOS and Android devices from appropriate app stores. The system works on aalto or aalto open WiFi networks and the presentation device should be connected to either of these networks.
The wireless presentation system is in use in the Väre building's teaching and conference facilities. For other buildings and premises, the system will be installed in conjunction with other AV renewal or by request.
How to use
- Connect your device to wireless network aalto, aalto open or eduroam.
- Download the VIA application (if not installed).
Aalto Windows & Mac laptops: Installed by default.
Windows & Mac.
- Enter the room name (IP address) into your browser.
- Select Run VIA to download the application.
Android & iOS:
- Install the VIA App from Play Store / App Store.
- You can also use the QR code.
You can find the room name and the code on the lower left of the main display screen.
- Run the application and login using
- Room Name
- Room Code
- Your nickname
For security reasons the room code changes every 30 minutes.
With your mobile device, you can also log in by QR scanning. Click the QR code icon on the lower right corner of the app
and read the QR on the left corner of the screen. With QR login, the room code authentication is bypassed.
- Click Present button on your VIA application to start presenting. Once you have finished displaying your content, select Stop Presenting to remove your content from the display.
To access other available functions of the wireless collaboration system select the Features tab on the application dashboard.
Currently enabled features:
- Wireless presentation
- File sharing
- Video streaming from the presentation device´s local file
- Two ways to play video from VIA
- File Searching media files
- Drag/Drop media directly to VIA
YouTube streaming and Apple AirPlay features are not available due to the networking issues.