Thunderbird: improving the processing of attachments
The following changes to Thunderbird’s settings should be made in order to improve the processing of attachments.
Note! These changes to the settings have been made to all Thunderbird installations performed by Aalto IT.
1. In Thunderbird, select Tools and then Options.
2. Click Advanced and select the General tab.
3. Select Config Editor and accept the warning.
4. Find the following setting specifications by using search, for example, and change their values according to the following box:
mail.imap.mime_parts_on_demand should be changed by double-clicking to value
mail.imap.mime_parts_on_demand_threshold should be changed to value
mail.server.default.fetch_by_chunks should be changed
5. Finally, close Config Editor and the settings.
6. Restart Thunderbird.
7. The processing of attachments has now been improved in Thunderbird.