Outlook mailbox for a Mac
Microsoft Outlook can also be used on Mac computers. Follow the instructions below to take an Outlook mailbox in use on a Mac.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
2. Type your email address and then press Continue.
3. Of the options available, select Exchange (see image below).
4. Enter the following details in the log-in window that opens:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Method: User Name and Password
- Your Aalto user ID in the format DOMAIN\ username or email, i.e., AALTO\ID (NOTE! You can type the ‘\’ character on a Mac computer by pressing the combination shift+option+7)
- your Aalto University user ID.
5. Select Add Account and then Done.
(Optional) If you want Outlook to require your password every time you start the application, do the following:
- Start Microsoft Outlook and keep it running.
- Open Finder and select Applications.
- Then select Utilities and after that Keychain Access.
- If you want, you can use the search box in the top right corner, find login Keychain in the Keychain Access application, and carefully delete the key Exchange. Delete it by selecting Exchange and by clicking on Edit and Delete in the top bar. Close Keychain Access.
- Start the Keychain Access program again and make sure that the Exchange key has disappeared.
- Open the Outlook application, and select first Outlook and then Preferences.
- Select Accounts and then Aalto. Make sure that the password field is empty.
- Exit Outlook and let it close completely.
- Start Outlook and enter your password during log-in, but do not tick the box [ ] Remember this password in my keychain.
- Microsoft Outlook will now ask for your password every time you start the program.