Aalto email for your phone (iPhone and Android)
Instructions for specifying an email account are listed according to the operating system (iPhone and Android). The names of the menus may vary, depending on the model and version of the device.
Outlook app doesn´t work with Aalto email. You could download another app to your phone, e.g. wmvare boxer. Choose Exchange. Then it asks your Aalto email address.
Please note that the device must be connected to a network for the installation to succeed.
- Select Settings.
- Select Accounts & Passwords and then Mail, Calendars, Notes.
- Add an account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- Type your email address and password. You can write the desired name for the account in the Description field. Finally, press Next.
- On the next page, select which details you wish to synchronize in the phone, and press Save.
- The installation of the account is finished. You can now read emails from the Mail application.
- Open the Email application. If you have not installed another email account in your phone before, installation of the account begins directly. If you have previously had another email account in your phone, press the Setting button and select Settings.
- Select Add Account or, alternatively, press the ‘+’ sign on the page that opens. You can also add accounts through the Settings menu, at item Accounts.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your email address and password in the fields reserved for them, and press Next. (Some versions may also ask for the address of the Exchange server, which is mail.aalto.fi, and/or domain org.aalto.fi).
- Wait for a moment, the settings are retrieved from the network.
- If the installation requests permission for the management of protection functions, accept such management by selecting Yes or OK.
- Finally, specify optional settings and press Next.
- If the installation asks about the management of protection functions, accept such management by pressing Yes, OK or Activate.
- Finally, type a name for the account and press Ready. Your email account is ready for use.